From elation to deflation, its been an interesting but absolutely Amyazing 10 days. Here it is in 10 emotions:
- Elation -we’re finally home. Yay!! #bustinouttahere
- Besotted – I’m so utterly & completely in love with this beautiful tiny little person #143
- Exhaustion – can’t sleep a wink! (Not sure if the much-used adage “sleep when your baby sleeps” ever applies when you have a newborn, but it definitely doesn’t apply when you take a preemie home – see also emotion no 5)
- Denial – She’s not really here beside me, is she?!!
- Panic – ok, yes she’s here but is she still breathing?!! (Apnoea monitor going off. OMG!)
- Relief – its a false alarm!
- Daunted – we are now fully responsible for this little person #notqualifiedforthis
- Protective – adoring crazy toddler sister (aka a petri dish for germs) keeps touching & kissing baby. Heart loves this, head not sure
- Deflation – little ones eyes stuck together and green #firstinfection #backtoRotunda #couldbesomuchworse
- Grateful – it was 10 days of highs & lows but I can’t forget the journey Amy has been on & how lucky we are to have her home
As they say life is a rollercoaster. I’ve got to ride it, stay strong and just relax!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter